Achivements ( ISO 9001: 2015 Certification)
The prime objective of GEC is to set excellence in students and see that they deliver excellence in whatever they do. Therefore since establishment of the institute, right from admitting the students and starting the process of learning, the college is very much particular about development of Quality Management System. The Institute is continuously striving in this direction, it is no wonder that our's became the first college in its class to receive the ISO 9001 : 2008 certification by JAS-ANZ (Joint Accreditation System of Australia and New Zealand) through Transpacific Certification India Ltd. Recently the same was upgraded to ISO 9001 : 2015. The purpose of ISO Certification is to formulate and promote the use of International standards for all Industries, Institutes and other corporate sectors.
- Gwalior Engineering College has kept up the tradition of achieving newer heights in the field of Technical Education as ever. In the year that was the college has set many milestones and is still going ahead with the plans and programmes to score more and more, all in the interest of the college at large and that of our students in particular.
- The very start of the session saw a thrilling phenomenon of filling up all the seats in all the branches. It came as a surprise to all other institutions in and around Madhya Pradesh; as we stood as the very first and the last to have achieved this kind of response without any specific attempt. It was all due the repo and the quality of the product of our college that keeps growing year by year.
- As a social commitment a Traffic Awareness Drives was undertaken in association with the Gwalior Traffic Police. It spanned over all the schools across Gwalior city. The initiative was appreciated by Gwalior Administration Authorities.
- We became the first institute to have had the maximum number of Blood Donation Camps in our college campus in a single year.
- Two of our students of ECE II year were selected to participate in the International Seminar on Robotics at IIT, Roorkee
- As the first college in Gwalior with NCC [Army Wing], we were proud to have the NCC 15 MP Battalion Commandant visiting us on World AIDS Day.